Monday, December 7, 2009

Alice. Me. Her Land. My Land.

Did you have a childhood obsession? Are you currently holding on to your Little Mermaid dolly, your first teddy bear, or (on the unoriginal side of things) you blue blankie?

In my case, that isn't the case. Two years ago, when I was in seventh grade, my school put on the Alice in Wonderland play. I was happy to get the part of the Mock Turtle. I had my very own scene in which I told my own story. I punched the line about the Tortoise well and received laughs. I made a new dance number and sang the song. The dance was such a big deal, other people wanted to join in and dance! The experience was really fun. I was able to practice after-school and work on my lines, I was able to get helpful constructive criticism, and I was able to make my own costume! This changed my outlook of the story. I began to truly cherish the Caterpillar, the Mad Hatter, the Knight, and even the Cheshire Cat. The story of the girl who went on a journey in a magical, mad world truly held interest to me.

Yesterday night, I watched Nick Willings' two night version, Alice, on SyFy. I enjoyed the changes that were made. Alice dad's was involved, the Mad Hatter was really hot, and it was set in a city? These changes were good as far as a remake was involved. (I'm glad the original story wasn't such, though.)




My life is a wonderland, too. At least, that's how I like to compare it. There are incidents worth telling, mind boggling moments, magic, and always a mad scandal going on. In this blog, you will read how my life holds wonders. Enjoy! Isn't that a wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!