Sunday, December 13, 2009

Finals. Dovey Earrings. and Holiday Parties.

Hi, guys! Sorry. I've been studying major hard for the finals I've recently finished. Please forgive me.


I hope everyone is having a great holiday season so far! For all who celebrate, Christmas is in one week! :) Today was the last day of the semester for me and my friends, and I'm so happy to be relieved of all of my educational duties for two weeks. Anyway, I bought my friends gifts such as Oreos or earrings (even one person received Ferrero Rocher chocolate truffles). It was fun receiving gifts myself. Kennedy, a bff, gave me these really cool-looking gold earrings with doves, peace symbols, and hearts. I know it sounds like way too much for an earring, but trust me, they are wonderful!



Last night, my grandmothers apartment had a Grand Opening/Holiday Extravaganza. I should have been studying, but instead, I went. Me and Gran were there for ten minutes before the party was over. Yes, shamelessly, we were late, but in a fashionable way. :) At first, I wasn't really feeling my attire. I looked like I was going to a funeral. But with a few lovely accessories, I was able to change up my mood. After the party was over, guest were still hanging out, and my grandmother started talking to Mr. Joseph Gargery. (That really isn't his name. If you've read "Great Expectations" by Charles Dickens, you'll know that Joe is a character. I only call our Joe that because I don't know his real last name, and I was reading the book while I met him.) That left me standing there awkwardly while Mr. Joseph Gargery flirted and stared openly at my Gran. I walked away with the excuse of "going to look at the tree", where I went to take pictures. Speaking of which, I actually took the picture of the ornament you see above. I'm thinking about joining Photo next year. While taking pics, I noticed a huge chocolate fountain. I just so happened to notice it at the time that the lady was dipping a strawberry, cheesecake, and brownie into it. Now, I'm not a big fan of chocolate, but I am of that! yumm. (: the lady let me take a tub of choclate home which is now sitting in my frigde...


'Tis all for now. Since I'm on break, I'll definetly post more that three times a week for the next two weeks. Isn't that a wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!