Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Making Summer Count; Day Four

Today, a lot happened. Some of it was really exciting, some was heart wrenching, and some? Some isn't even worth the tale.

This morning, I woke up to my mom bursting in my room to tell me to get up. She wanted to get to the DDS early to get my permit. This was an event I was VERY excited about... until I physically got in the car and my mom began driving. I was NOT prepared to take the test. I didn't feel like I studied enough, so I chickened out. I asked my mom to turn around and take me home. When we got home, I immediately turned to the computer for comfort. I began to play FreeCell like I usually do, and I began to chat with a friend, Semere. I told him about my fears of taking the test, and he comforted me that everyone get scared about tests. He said that I should just knock it out of the park, and that's what I ended up doing. After a few more hours of studying, distracting myself with Facebook and FreeCell, and posting a post to my blog, I went back to the DDS. I ended up passing my permit test. :) Moral of the story? It's ok to be nervous about the steps of life, but you can't let your fears hold you back from doing the things you want to do. So the next time there's a daring move you want to take, take it. :) You can do it. I have faith in you!

Before I posted this morning, I learned something new. The subject today was clouds! They're a beautiful thing, don't you think? In the sky idly floating along... There's a website called Learn Something New Everyday. I'm new to lsned.com. Today was my first day reading a post, and the most recent one was about clouds. It basically retaught me what I learned in 5th grade, but I needed it. I looked over past posts, and if I keep up with this site, I'll learn about Greek mythology, clowns, Einstein, and much more! I want to be quite the intellectual. :)

Today, I also learned that it is possible for me to not have a panic attack over a guy. I'm actually really hurt right now. There's this guy that I really liked. You've heard of him, Paul. I almost said aloud that I loved him. At my birthday party, he nibbled my ear, and I thought that gesture from him was really special. I felt really, really EPIC! But then I found out today that that wasn't special at all, because he was at a party Sunday, and at the party he was kissing up on one of my dearest, dearest friends, and when he was done with her, his ass crawled over to the other two girls there! UGH! So, I don't feel special at all. That was heart wrenching. I thought I meant something special to him... Guess not. Well, I won't be hurt over this for long, though. Why would I want a guy like that? Am I just saying that, though? If he puts out his hand, will I take it? These questions are hard to answer like this. Now isn't THAT a wonder?

C'est la Vie. Good Night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!