Saturday, May 22, 2010

Making Summer Count; Day One


My Loves! I am super sorry for not sparing at least a "Hello! I'm still alive!" I've been neglecting you fair followers for too long a time now. I apologize truly. This is the first day of summer break, and the way I see it, I have to make each and every day of summer count. I don't want any day to be deemed a total waste, and I have a list of things I want to get done! I want to become a vegetarian, learn to play the ukulele, and develop a ritual for journaling, vlogging, and blogging. I haven't been updating like I planned, but this summer, that's destined to change. Overall, I want to have a really great time all summer.

Day One: Today, I learned how to play the game of chess. My little brother taught me how to. My brother does all these chess tournaments, so he's really good at it. I've never actually tried to play chess. I never wanted to try it, but Wednesday, my math teacher offered me her old chess set, and I took it. I had no clue how to play, but ever since Wednesday, I've been curious. I planned on just getting a friend to teach me or learning online, but my brother and I are with our dad, and he had a chess set with him. I found it cool, and my dad suggested my brother teach me. I don't have the game completely down, but I get the gist. I wished I would have taken an interest in it before.

I also plan on becoming a vegetarian this summer. I haven't eaten any meat today. :) Well, today I went to Burger King and got a vegetarian burger, but I didn't get any real meat. Success as far as the day goes? I think so. I really want to become a vegetarian. It's good for the economy. Plus, not eating all the red meat I usually eat would be healthy.

Thirdly, I want to let my loved ones know that I love them. I don't tell people enough, and I certainly don't show it. But life's short, and I need to let the ones I'm close to know that I love them. I also need to show the people who do such much for me that I'm truly grateful. Isn't that a wonder?

It's near 11 PM (make a wish at 11:11!) and I want to get lots of sleep over the break. Goodnight.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!